1. Could you introduce yourself and tell us why you have decided to take guitar lessons with The London Guitar Institute?
I’m a foreign student, currently doing a degree in London. I’ve always had a strong interest in music and just passed ABRSM theory exams, so that I thought I should study an instrument in order to apply the knowledge in practice.
Guitar is deﬁnitely my ﬁrst choice. I did ample of research on the internet. London Guitar Institute is located in a perfect place and the website is designed very attractive.
So I sent an email to the ofﬁce, got responded very quickly.
2. Why would you recommend learning the guitar with Stefan Joubert?
I tried to have classes with some teachers before. I would deﬁnitely recommend Stefan Joubert.
Firstly, he is the one of the most organised teachers I’ve experienced. Secondly, He explains everything into details when I have questions. In addition, the course material he designed is very structured. I feel that it is always easier to learn when there’s a pattern to follow.
3. What would you say to absolute beginners who would like to learn how to play, but feel uncomfortable due to the fact that they’ve never played before?
I’m an absolute beginner myself. It is part of human nature that people are uncomfortable of doing something they are unfamiliar with. As long as you try to stretch your comfort zone and take action, a door will open for you. You will experience a completely different world and meet more interesting people.
4. What is your favourite aspect of learning the guitar with Stefan Joubert?
My favourite aspect of learning with Stefan is that he is very patient and very organised.
He is a very experienced musician. Some experienced musicians can play their instrument perfectly, but are unable to explain it to beginners. But Stefan is different, he not only can master his instrument, but also can teach in a very understandable way.
5. Do you enjoy the periodic social events and student concerts at the London Guitar Institute?
I haven’t been to any of the social events yet, but I will deﬁnitely attend the next available
one. (Editoral note: Leona joined our guitar course 2 weeks after our March 2012 social event.
We provide a social event/ student concert each quarter)
6. Would you recommend learning an instrument for other professionals in the City and around London and does it reduce work-related stress?
Yes, I would highly recommend learning an instrument for others.
It indeed helps me to boost up energy level when I’m back to study and reduces stress.
London Guitar Institute Review with Leona Pei (In Chinese)
我 是 ⼀ 个 外 国 学 生 ， 目 前 在 伦 敦 上 学 。 我 ⼀ 直 对 音 乐 有 很 强 烈 的 兴 趣 ， 而 且 刚 刚 考 过
2. 为什么你会推荐和Stefan Joubert学习吉他?
我以前也试着和其他的老师上过课。我肯定会推荐Stefan Joubert。首先, 他是我遇到的这些
4. 你和Stefan Joubert学习吉他的时候，最喜欢的是那些方面？
Tags: Guitar interviews
, Student interviews